Monday, May 18, 2009

My little Florence Nightengale

So yesterday I slipped on the back stairs, AKA "the dangerous stairs" per Nina, and did something to my foot (I am fine, very slight break - will know more tomorrow). Anyway she was very caring and a very good nurse.

She called her Daddy to come help then kept rubbing my arm and telling me to relax. She got some ice for me and "helped" me to the couch and put the ice on my foot. Then she was rubbing my leg and alternately saying, "Just relax" then "Are you going to be ok Mommy?" then "Now just relax." She would not (no matter how hard I tried) leave my side and wanted to do everything for me. It is nice to know she can be depended on in a pinch. :)

I am proud of my little Florence Nightengale!

6 comments:

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Cute, and I hope your ankle heals quickly!

Grammyzanne said...

She did show remarkable maturity. Nice to know she has so much compassion.

Austin's Mommy said...

Good luck recovering. She was worried about you today.

Sandy Brunson said...

That's a pretty cute story! She certainly seems like quite the character. Hope you are feeling better!

Lynda/Mom said...

What a sweetie! It's always good to have someone like that on your side. She probably learned that behavior somewhere--from her mom, maybe? Aunt Lynda

Janet said...

Our family and their famous "I'm fine." Nina is very empathetic.