Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Andy, Kolby (6), Connor (4), and Kaiden (17 mos) went with Nina and I to an Easter brunch and egg hunt today. Side note for those who don't remember, Andy is Nina's oldest sister and the boys following her name are her kids, my grandkids, Nina's nephews.

It was at the American Legion in Arkport and was free. I found out about it through Nina's daycare, which is also in Arkport. They had the Easter Bunny come and visit with the children and lead the younger group to the hunt, wich was in the nearby baseball field. The kids all had a great time. Nina saw many kids from her preschool and was very excited to see them and they her. I was told that Nina is the "life of the party." That kind of makes me laugh because I am just the opposite - most times I can sneak in and out and not really be noticed - which is the way I like it!

Nina found about 8 eggs and decided she had enough and would leave some for others to find. (I am smiling proudly at that - she is so thoughtful!) Kolby was in the older age group and when we went to go find him he had found many! Connor found just over a dozen and by the time Kaiden got to the field there weren't any left but someone kindly gave him 4 or 5. All were happy until Connor opened one of his eggs to find it empty!! I told him that was because it had Easter magic in it and he thought that was great. Then Nina and Kolby frantically searched their eggs, actually wanting an empty one so they could have magic too!

After we got in the car I discovered all of Nina's except one had quarters in them. LOL, I said the Easter Bunny must really want you to go to college!! She agreed. We did, however, stop at the store on the way home and picked up some jelly beans because as good as she was about it she was still disappointed she didn't have more candy and I could not let her college fund end up being something that was a bum deal! Nina proclaimed on the way to the store, "That was the best Easter egg hunt I have ever been to!" I did not remind her it was the only one she has ever been to. ;)

Unfortunately I could not find my camera this morning. I searched and searched and was especially frustrated because I had just used it yesterday morning to snap some picutres of Nina with the boys (they had spent the night Friday night). When we got home I looked again and finally I send Dan a text message asking if he had seen it somewhere. Not five minutes later he walks through the door with it!!! He had taken it to fix Nina's. UGH! I wish I had not been so stubborn and had asked him earlier! Andy did have her camera and will be supplying me with the pictures from her camera which I will add to this post when I get them so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like a really fun day. Will look forward to the pictures.